Shaun Richards (@sir8DoT) from University of Exeter suggested the use of AUDACITY spoke to the ASSESSMENT mode of engagement. ‘Use AUDACITY to record discussions and Q&A for assessments’ on the ASSISTIVE LEARNING TECHNOLOGY LearningWheel.
What is AUDACITY?
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more! See the complete list of features.
Why not try it out and tell how you used it… how did your students respond? Please share your experiences with @LearningWheel #LearningWheel.